Doing Business



Please visit CanadaBuys at to access tender notices for procurement opportunities with Canadian federal government departments, agencies and Crown Corporations. Tender notices may also be published in various newspapers and magazines.


There are several mechanisms available for suppliers to address complaints they may have related to federal government procurement. The first step in any complaint process is to contact the contracting officer in the relevant department or agency to discuss your concern. You may also contact the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman (OPO) to make them aware of any concerns you have at any phase of the procurement process.

In addition to contacting the OPO, there are other complaint bodies you can contact such as the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT), the Competition Bureau, and Contract Dispute Services.

The procurement complaint body you contact will depend on the type of complaint, which stage the procurement is at, and whether the procurement is subject to a trade agreement. It is important to note that that only procurement covered by trade agreements, including the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), is dealt with by the CITT. For more detailed information, please visit

Go Back